Start with these simple instructions:
- Get a strap. If you don’t have one, you can find one at our store, click here.
- Get some extra padding underneath your ribs and pelvis if you need it.
- Lay on the mat, on your belly.
- Put the strap around your ankles and bend your knees.
- With your elbows in front of your face, grab the strap over your head fingers facing down. (you can make a loop with your strap before you begin, otherwise you’re hanging onto two ends which won’t allow fingers facing down)
- Elbows are closer than shoulder width.
- Tuck Tail-bone
- Activate your feet and make sure they are parallel and not cocked to the side.
- Allow your knees to splay.
- Lift ribs forward.
- Inhale coming up.
- Let your head hang, relaxed neck.
- Move your arm bones away from your shoulder joint, slightly dropping armpits toward the floor, making space in your shoulder joints.
- You can raise your hands up if you like, elbows straightening, feet pressing up and away from the head.
- Breathe though the whole core, avoid resisting!
Give it a shot during your practice (if you’re doing my mini series in the morning, please make sure to do this near the end after your warm.)
Let me know how it feels! Please comment and share.